Overview of Doha Map and Local Area
Choices abound within an easy access from Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel. May it be a shopping spree or a visit to the city's antiquity. Doha is home to the headquarters of Qatar Airways, major Oil & Gas companies as well as upcoming state projects and developments like Lusail City, Education City, Sports City, Doha Pearl and many more.
Doha serves as an international hub for transit passengers traveling via Qatar Airways, hence the city offers quite a few attractions for travelers staying in Doha for few days or for business or pleasure.
Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel is located right on the Doha Corniche overlooking the Gulf. It provides easy access to major shopping and business corporations around the area. Explore a list of things to do in Doha >>
Guests who are into arts and culture can stop by at the Museum of Islamic Arts . Located at the beginning of the Doha Corniche, the museum is home to artifacts and manuscripts that depict the importance of Islamic Arts in the Middle East.
Al Zubara Fort & Museum is one of the oldest museums in Qatar and the oldest archeological site famous for its fort. It features a lot of antiques which showcase the history of Doha
As Doha fast develops into a city for Sports Tourism, the city itself has embarked on major sports facilities like Aspire Zone, Doha Sports City and is currently in a bid to host the games for 2022. Doha Sports City and Aspire Zone is only 20 minutes away from the hotel. Golf Enthusiasts will enjoy the convenience of the hotel away from Doha Golf Club which is home to a 18 hole Championship Golf Course.
Looking for some retail therapy, then head down to Doha City Center only 5-10 minutes away from the hotel. The mall hosts over two hundred international luxury and retail stores. Or visit Villagio Mall, an Italian themed shopping and entertainment mall that is close to Aspire Zone.
A must do for tourists and visitors in Doha is a visit to Souq Waqif - this is a traditional market that sells local and handmade crafts. Souq Waqif is the textile and gold souq of Doha.
Not forgetting the various convention and exhibition halls around the hall, the hotel is the major convention and exhibition center in Doha, so it's easy to hang out around the exhibition halls and get down to business. Click on the Doha Map overview to explore things to do in Doha.
Arts & Culture
- Ethnographic Museum 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- Hamad Hospital 6.0 km/3.7 miles
- Qatar University 8.0 km/5.0 miles
- Business District 0.5 km/0.3 miles
- GOIC (Gulf Organization for Industrial Consulting) 0.5 km/0.3 miles
- I.T.D.C. 1.0 km/0.6 miles
- Q.P.C.P. 1.0 km/0.6 miles
- Ministry of Interior Affairs 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- Doha Golf Course 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- Foreign Embassies 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- General Post Office 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- Ministry of Economics 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- Salam Plaza 1.0 km/0.6 miles
- Oryx Farm 35.0 km/21.8 miles
- Umm Said Beach 60.0 km/37.3 miles
- Inland Sea/Sand Dunes 70.0 km/43.5 miles
Private Limousine is available to and from Doha International Airport. Limousine Service must be reserved at least 12hours in advance prior to arrival.
- Fee: 225 QAR for BMW 5; 295 QAR for BMW 7.
- Hours: 24 hours
Taxi Services is available at Doha International Aiport;
- Fee: 70 QAR
- Hours: 24 hours
- Tennis Courts (Indoor and Outdoor) 0.0 km/0.0 miles
- Private Beach 0.0 km/0.0 miles
- Squash Courts 0.0 km/0.0 miles
- Basketball Court 0.0 km/0.0 miles
- Jogging Track 0.0 km/0.0 miles
- Badminton Court 0.0 km/0.0 miles
- Doha Zoo 15.0 km/9.3 miles
- Gift Shop 0.0 km/0.0 miles
- City Center Shopping Mall 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Gold Souk (Gold Market) 7.0 km/4.3 miles